- Soft dressmaker coat with large flower-shaped buttons and tied belt at waist
- Image includes small sketch of back of garment.
Printed on image: "André fashions" "designed by Pearl Alexander" "André 570 - 7th Ave. New York City Dec. 30, 1940"
This coat features big floral buttons made either of knotted cord/fabric or solid material (plastic, metal, wood, etc.). The fabric at the shoulders is shirred for contrast and softness.
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Dec 30 1940
- 1940s Coat.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
Soft dressmaker coat [with large flower-shaped buttons and tied belt at waist].
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Belts (Clothing) -- 1940-1949
Buttons (Fasteners) -- 1900-1999
Coats -- 1940-1949
Fashion design drawings
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1940-1949