- Dark red wool coat trimmed with blue and green star
- Includes back view.
Printed on image: [With indicators to sleeve emblem, belt and collar] "green" "blue" "star" "rolled" "Import AM 5" "André"
Wool wraparound coat tied at waist with thick rolled cord, which is repeated and looped at collar. Six-pointed Star of David "emblem" of overlapping blue and green triangles is attached to left sleeve and right hipline. Given the concurrent rise of fascism in Europe during this era, it is difficult to tell whether this design echoes nazi sentiment or is meant as a protest.
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Piguet, Robert -- Conceptor
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Feb 07 1938
- 1930s Fashion Drawings Import Adaptation.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
Dark red wool coat trimmed with blue and green star.
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Belts (Clothing) -- 1930-1939
Coats -- 1940-1949
Fashion design drawings
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1930-1939