- Black fitted coat with pockets piped with white pique
- Image includes small sketch of back of garment.
Note the interesting "bracket" shape of the pocket trim. "Pique" is a closely-woven, ribbed fabric made of natural fibers.
Printed on image: "silk embroidery" (with arrows pointing to collar and enlarged detail of design), "André" "Import K / 8"
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Creed -- Conceptor
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Feb 07 1938
- 1930s Fashion Drawings Import Adaptation.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
Black [fitted] coat [with] pockets piped with white pique.
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Coats -- 1930-1939
Fashion design drawings
Hats -- 1930-1939
Pockets -- 1930-1939
Veils -- 1930-1939
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1930-1939